Friday, July 8, 2011

Herb Drying Room

Here's the latest project at Suzie's that I started on Tuesday.


It's an insulated CONEX box that used to belong to the Border Patrol.  Suzie's Farm picked it up with the hopes of turning it into an herb drying room.  So I gutted the darn thing to start and began laying out the stacks for the drying racks to go.


Once I got all of the stacks framed out I had to cut the individual slats for the trays to rest on.  There's 153 spaces for trays.  Each tray needs two slats to sit on.  306 slats were cut.


Then came the fun part of attaching each slat to the stacks, all 306 had to be leveled.  Plus each slat has two screws.  612 screws driven just in the slats!



But I finally got the thing done today.  


Not bad if I do say so myself.  Mel and I were affectionately calling that box the hot box.  It was ridiculous.  I was getting my redneck on by working without a shirt.


I still need to build the trays.  4 pieces for each tray.  153 trays.  612 cuts I have to make next week!  I need to rest up my sawing hand! 

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    Truck Trailer | Shipping Container

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the process of finishing our drying room. Is there any possibility of picking your brain for a few minutes. I have some specific questions regarding your build. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post! I must thank you for this informative read. I hope you will post again soon
    Intermodal Container

    ReplyDelete