Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Egg Mobile

So here's the finished product of my first project at Suzie's Farm. 


I can't take full credit for this.  It wasn't my idea.  Plus the big set of boxes near the front were all ready done.  I added the ones over the wheels.  I also did all the boxes on the other side.  The shade doors needed to be reworked as well.


The floor had been removed and partially wired.  I finished that, chicken wired the windows, and added the roosts.  It might be too steep of an angle for the roosts but it's an experiment.


Lastly I fixed the door so that it keeps them nice and secure.  Look at the little hatch on the bottom left of this picture.  It will be hooked up to a battery and it is on a timer.  That way it will open in the morning to let the girls out to forage and lay eggs in the boxes.  Then it will close up after they've all gone to bed for the night.  Keeping them very secure.


Pretty neat all around.  We'll be able to move them around pretty easy so they can free range. 

No comments:

Post a Comment