Sunday, August 7, 2011

I need more than 24 hours in a day!!!

So it has been weeks since I wrote anything for the blog.  I need to get to it today but all I can say is I have been busy with setting up SoCal Shrooms.  Not an excuse for slacking but definitely a time consumer.  If you get a chance check it out on FB.  It's in its infancy so there's not much going on but building.  However it's mission is a great one so check it out!



What is SoCal Shrooms?  It's a for-profit business based at Wild Willow Farm & Education Center, a non-profit teaching farm whose mission is to teach the next generation of farmers. 50% of SoCal Shrooms’ profits will directly fund their educational programs, while also providing their interns valuable experience and employment learning to run a small independent business.

We will be providing gourmet oyster mushrooms to the San Diego area; farmer's markets, restaurants, and maybe a CSA! 

Our slogan - "A Gourmet Trip."

This is a very exciting opportunity that has presented itself and one I couldn't pass up. There will be many chances for me to blog about the intricacies of running a farming business, so stay tuned. Needless to say there is only 24 hours in a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment